A TCC will only be issued by SARS where the following requirements have been met:
- The taxpayer must have registered for an Income Tax reference number prior to applying for a TCC.
- No outstanding debt for all taxes (including Secondary Tax on Companies (STC), Administrative Penalties and Employees’ Tax).
- Any deferred arrangements made are being adhered to.
- All returns and/or declarations must be up to date and in the process of being assessed by SARS.
- All tax reference numbers must be active and correct, e.g. the tax reference number must not be de-registered or suspended on the SARS system.
- The registration details on the TCC01 must correspond with the information on the SARS systems.
Top Tip: A TCC is only valid for one year from the date of issue in respect of a tender and/or good standing, provided the taxpayer remains compliant with SARS requirements.