Change In Director/s
Appoint, resign or remove a director here.
When a company is registered the directors are automatically appointed as part of the registration process.
This service is for changes that you would like to make thereafter.
Service Turnaround Time
This process takes 5-10 working days after receiving the requested supporting documentation.
Vacancies on the board arise if a director:
- resigns or dies
- ceases to hold the office, title or designation in the company that entitles the person to be an ex officio director,
- becomes incapacitated or disqualified or
- is removed.
A director may be removed by:
- An ordinary resolution adopted at a shareholders’ meeting by the persons entitled to exercise voting rights in the election of that director. The director concerned must be given notice of the meeting and the resolution, at least equivalent to that which a shareholder is entitled to receive, regardless of whether the director is a shareholder. The director must be afforded a reasonable opportunity to make a presentation in person or through a representative to the meeting before the resolution is put to a vote.
- A resolution of the board because it has determined that the director in question has become ineligible or disqualified in terms of section 69 of the Act, is unable to perform the functions of a director and is unlikely to regain that capacity within a reasonable time or has neglected or been derelict in the performance of the functions of a director.
- An order of the court confirming the resolution of the board or removing the director from office if the court is satisfied that the director is ineligible or disqualified, incapacitated, or has been negligent or derelict.
- A director may be appointed by the Board of Directors, unless the Memorandum requires shareholder approval.
Is This Your First Purchase?
Get a 20% discount
Only Valid For Your First Purchase
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.