Restoration of a Company or Close Corporation

by | Apr 8, 2016 | FAQs, Maintaning your company | 0 comments

If the company or close corporation was deregistered, can the company or close corporation still be re-instated (restored)?

Yes, but only if proved that the entity was holding property or was active at the time of deregistration.  Once a company or close corporation has been “finally deregistered”, the company or close corporation or any other person may apply for re-instatement upon filing of a form and supporting documents. Upon the processing of the re-instatement application, the status will be changed to ”re-instatement process”

What is the requirement for re-instating (restoring) a company or close corporation if it was deregistered due to non compliance with annual returns?

The same requirement as per a normal deregistration is applicable.

 Who qualifies as the applicant in terms of the re-instatement application form?

The applicant may either be,

  • The Directors/members of the company or close corporation,
  • A third person who has an interest in the re-instatement of the company or close corporation,
  • The duly authorised representative of the directors/member/third person.

The person, whose customer code is used to file and affect payment, may not necessarily be the director/member/third person/representative.

How would I know whether the re-instatement application has been processed?

A confirmation letter and certificate will be forwarded to the details of the person whose customer code was used.

Check Out These Related Posts

Company Registration FAQs

What type of companies that can be registered in terms of the New Companies Act 71, 2008 Private company (Pty) Ltd Public company (Ltd) State-owned company (SOC) External company Personal liability company (Inc) Non-profit company (NPC)  What is a private...

read more

Employees’ Tax [PAY-AS-YOU-EARN (PAYE)]

Employees’ Tax refers to the tax required to be deducted by an employer from an employee’s remuneration paid or payable. The process of deducting or withholding tax from remuneration as it is earned by an employee is commonly referred to as PAYE. An...

read more

Annual Returns

Will my personal detail as a director or member be disclosed on the annual return? Due to security concerns relating to the disclosure of personal information CIPC has affected the following changes relating to annual returns: Only the first 6 digits of a director’s...

read more



Submit a Comment